Lido di Noto
Lido di Noto also called Noto Marina, it is a seafaring village of the city of Noto, from which is about 5 km away. it is distinguished by its beach composed of fine golden sand and, in the summer is the holiday destination for tourists from around the world. In the township, established in 1928, there are many beach clubs. Over the years it increased by several villas as well as the tourism infrastructure.
Noto is located in the Val di Noto. Vallo di Noto or Val di Noto was an administrative district who took charge of justice, of the government and even occasionally the militias of the Kingdom of Sicily by the Norman period until its abolition in 1812.
In 2002 some of the cities that were understood by the Wall have been recognized World Heritage.
The hotel is located in a strategic position that allows you to see the whole range of Noto and the neighboring cities, and guests will enjoy the proximity of the sea.
In a region with an abundance of olive trees and almond trees, Noto is a small baroque jewel perched on a plateau overlooking the valley Asinaro, immersed in citrus fields. Her beauty, so harmonious as to seem a fiction, the scene of a theater, was born from a tragic event: the earthquake of 1693, which in this part of Sicily brought death, destruction, but gave impetus to reconstruction. Before then, the town was 10km away. Of very ancient origins, Noto gave birth to Ducezio, that in the fifth century. B.C. He shook the Greeks for having angered against them the Sicilians.
The 1693 earthquake completely destroyed the city. For the reconstruction was chosen a place less impervious and wider, which allows the realization of a simple system, linear, with intersections such as a right angle and parallel and streets as wide as the new Baroque style. Three of the major roads that run east to west so that the sun makes them always illuminate.
Three walks of life who are established there: the first, highest, are destined for the nobility, the middle clergy (the only exception is the centenary building of Landolina), The buildings are majestic, all built in local limestone, tender and compact, by the whiteness that time has colored creating that magnificent golden and rosy tint that the sunset light accentuates, this reconstruction, led by the Duke of Camastra, representative of the Spanish viceroy in Noto, participating in many Sicilian artists, including Paul Labisi Vincenzo Sinatra and Rosario Gagliardi, who, influenced by Borromini, is perhaps one of the most inventive.
The city is built as if it were a stage set, and studying the perspective on her makeup in a singular way, playing with the lines and curves of the facades, with shelves decorations, curls and spirals, the gargoyles, cherubs, from the balconies wrought iron railings that folds in graceful shapes and pot-bellied. Original creation of local masters. Noto is still part of the landscape that from the hands of Italian artists sees the baroque dream flourish throughout Europe and giving birth to the new Russian capital, St. Petersburg.
Avola stretches along the coast, the land south of Siracusa, along one of the oldest Greek routes of Sicily: the way Elorina. This area is an exceptional wealth of cultural and environmental beauties of which the city is the "gate." From the large Piazza Umberto I built a hexagonal plan, begin the baroque "streets" and you have access to the spectacular natural reserves of Cava Grande of Cassibile and Vendicari.
The flat site of the city of Avola is placed in an extraordinary landscape as between the Ionian sea and the mountains Iblei, or between a coastline of golden sand beaches and the scents of iblensi hills that surround it. The favorable characteristics of the microclimate has allowed the cultivation of sugar cane from the '400 to 800, the vine, almond and lemon tree whose fruits are still, even today, to provide high quality products. Avola has joined its name to the world famous agricultural products such as almond "Pizzuta of Avola", the wine "Nero d'Avola" and the lemon "Femminello Syracuse".
The Avola Almond, perfect oval, as he wrote Leonardo Sciascia, and Nero d'Avola, born from the homonymous ancient variety, are famous throughout the world for their unique flavors. the main feature of Avola is the "Roundabout on the sea", a place of great tourist attraction in which are held evenings of music and spectacle of great fun
The city of Syracuse is spread on the promontory-island of Ortigia as well as in the mainland. The shape of the coastline has formed the wide bay of Porto Grande, formed from the Island to the north and south from the promontory of Plemmirio.
Its geological aspect is included in the area Iblea; this area is a structure that forms part of the northern foothills of the African Plate, which has in the Mediterranean its point of confrontation with the European plate. Geophysicists researchers found that in the Iblei Mountains has formed another plate called "micro-plate Sicilian-iblea" which is part of the African plate and the surrounding seas and is now the cause of the strongest earthquakes occurring in the Eastern part of the island.
The Iblei Mountains are composed of white limestone rocks conchiglifere, from carbonate rocks originating from marine sediments deposited in the Miocene; The territory where now born Syracuse, was once covered by water, and the proof is the many fossils of shells visible on the surrounding rocks. Its mountain ranges are not very large because it is the nearest land; There are mostly hills, whose highest peak is Mount Epipoli.
Near Cassibile, however there is a large canyon, which has been carved over the centuries by the river Anapo. The river Anapo is one of Syracuse rivers, which flows for forty kilometers, and has a character mainly torrential; Then there is the Ciane river that has a short river that flows into the Great Harbour, where it joins with the Anapo; It is a river continuously fed even in summer.
Another river is the city of Cassibile and is thirty kilometers long, runs between the towns of Avola and Palazzolo Acreide, resulting in the Ionian Sea. The canals crossing Syracuse are: Mammaiàbica, Pismotta and Queen. The lakes and small waterfalls are located in Cava Grande del Cassibile.
In the city there is a source of fresh water, the famous Fountain of Arethusa, and an artificial cave, called the Cave of the Nymph, from which flows the water called Galermi aqueduct. Siracusa overlooking the Mediterranean Sea with the Ionian Sea basin.
Its coasts are formed mainly by rocks, but there are also wide sandy beaches. The municipalities with whom borders are: to the north with Priolo Gargallo and Garden City (fraction of Melilli), to the west with Solarino, Floridia, Palazzolo Acreide, Noto and Canicattini Bagni and on the south by Noto and Avola. The territorial boundaries are bordered to the north by Targia district; west from Belvedere, panoramic outpost; south from Cassibile and Fontane Bianche.
Marzamemi is a country ruled the city of Pachino which is about 3 km and even the city of Noto which is 20 km away. It is located in the province of Syracuse. The name comes from the Arabic al-Hamam Marsà which means "Bay of Doves", since the area is the passage of small birds during migration. The village was born around the landing, which later became fishing port, and developed thanks to this activity, widely practiced even today, also building a tuna-fishing nets of the most important in Sicily. This tuna-fishing nets at Marzamemi dates from the time of the domination of the Arabs in Sicily. In 1630 it was sold by the owner to the Prince of Villadorata. The peoples of Villadorata provide improvements to buildings of the tuna-fishing nets helped by skilled carpenters from Avola and Syracuse who moved to Marzamemi.
In 1752 they built the palace and the church of the tuna-fishing nets and houses of sailors. In 1912 it was built a factory for the processing of salted tuna and later the tuna in oil. Fishing for tuna was plentiful until the postwar period.
From the port of Marzamemi, in the past, they were leaving many ships that carried wine Local products to the different ports of the island. Wine was also transported by freight trains to various locations overseas. Until December 31, 1985 was also reached by trains from Syracuse and Noto, along the territory of the Vendicari Reserve, to Pachino.
Further development is a source of fishing and processing of fish products: famous is, for example, the bottarga of bluefin tuna, processed by hand using ancient drying systems derived from the Arabic-Phoenician culture. Marzamemi has a beautiful beach: in recent years, has focused on tourism, offering the possibility of numerous landings equipped for tourist boats. In summer, the population dramatically, thanks to increased housing developments sprung up near the ancient village. In August it celebrates St. Francis with a procession of boats in the sea. Since 2000 Marzamemi has become the home of the Festival Film Frontier.